Domain vs URL Prefix Property
- Domain Property allow to add all types of subdomain, www, and non-https or http,ftp version. Domain property allowed only one verification method that’s is DNS which means domain name system verification.
- Domain property used for specifying the root domain of your site.
- Domain Property ignored www, although you added www.wigmarketing.com -the domain property will ignore www from search results.
- Domain property aggregates all subdomain data under a root domain that’s why you don’t need to submit separately in google search console.
- Example of domain property
- The following URLs are all valid:
URL Prefix Property
- URL Prefix PropertyURL prefix allows adding all types of prefix protocol like http, https and www.
- URL prefix property has many method to verify domain ownership like html file verification, html tag verification, DNS verification and Google analytics verification.
- Example of URL prefix
- https://www.wigmarketing.com/ (or a Domain property for example.com)
You can read Google Support information about URL prefix and Domain Property.